Pre Flight Orientation
Pre-Flight Orientation for Fall 2020 and Academic Year 2020-21 study abroad programs (non-VT/Faculty-led) will be conducted in a virtual, self-paced format.
There will not be an in-person event on April 21, 2020. Details will be posted soon – please check back for updates!
Pre-Flight for Students
- Students participating on programs that are not faculty-led are required to attend Pre-Flight Orientation as a Virginia Tech requirement. Failure to attend will result in a hold on your transcript upon return from your program.
- The orientation will address issues of academic, cultural, logistical, financial, and personal preparation, as well as health and safety
- You will also hear from study abroad alumni, as well as have an opportunity to ask (international) students questions about your host country
- Even if your Third Party provides its own orientation, you still need to attend the Global Education Office Pre Flight Orientation
- If you're studying abroad more than once, you only need to attend one Pre Flight Orientation
Pre-Flight for Parents
There's a Pre-Flight Orientation for Parents, too! Spring 2020 date will be announced soon. Check back later!
- Registration and checklists
- Credit transfer
- Financial Aid and scholarships
- Safety and risk management
- Visa and passports
- Cultural preparation
- Re-entry opportunities
Please note, topics covered may not be applicable to all students. Depending on the specifics of their program, requirements may vary.