ATLAS Badge Program
Welcome to the ATLAS (Achieving Transformative Learning Abroad Skills) Badge Program!
The Badge Program developed by the Global Education Office helps you maximize your study abroad experience. The program is a framework to turn what may seem as unconnected experiences abroad into a meaningful learning experience.
- A visual and marketable online representation of accomplishments or skills that are sometimes difficult to demonstrate on a traditional transcript
- Digital badges go beyond the transcript - they supplement your degrees
- Some things done abroad work better when shown (pictures/videos)
- They provide a way for you to easily communicate your accomplishments with audiences that can impact future opportunities (i.e. employers or even graduate programs)
- Incorporate them on in professional tools like LinkedIn, digital resume, e-portfolio, and websites
- Share your badge with social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blog)
- Learn more about yourself and your host culture
- THE TASKS ARE FUN!
You can choose one, multiple, or all of the following badges:
- Intercultural Learning
- Savvy Travel
- Personal Development
- Career Connection
Learn more about each badge, by clicking the icons below.
- You need to complete 3 tasks per badge
- One task before you depart
- One task while you’re abroad
- One task after you return to the U.S.
- You have a choice from a range of tasks
- Tasks include, among others, essays, pictures, social media contributions and videos
Some tasks can be accomplished in as little as 30 minutes while others may take longer.
Any student who participates in an abroad experience (study abroad for academic credit, internships, service learning, research).