Getting abroad starts here:
The office is open from Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Weekly Walk-in Advising Hours will be announced for Spring 2018. If you are unable to attend Walk-in Advising Hours, appointments can be scheduled in advance. Please contact our office for the latest information.
The Steger Center for International Scholarship is located in Riva San Vitale, Switzerland. There are several study abroad program offerings available to students, as well as opportunities for Virginia Tech faculty and staff members to develop programs of their own.
The Fulbright program gives both students and faculty the opportunity to study or conduct research in over 100 different countries around the world. The program is sponsored by the United States Information Agency in cooperation with U.S. embassies and international Fulbright commissions and foundations.
Experiment Driven Policy-Making in Peru
News & Announcements
- January 11: The deadline to submit photos to the annual Global Education Photo Contest is January 31. If you studied abroad in the last year, don't miss out on the chance to share the experience and win!
- January 10: Martha Jensen recently joined the Global Education as Faculty Support Associate. Welcome Martha!
- December 6: A generous faculty member donated $10,000 to support students studying abroad in India. Read about the U.S.-India Scholarship here.
- December 5: Read about Allie Oberoi, Global Education's Assistant Director for Global Safety & Risk Management.
- November 3: Interested in getting the most out of your study abroad experience? The ATLAS Badge Program is now live.
- January 29: Passport to Professional - Leveraging Your International Experience, 5:30 p.m., Smith Career Center, Meeting Room A
Global Education Newsletter
Receive the latest Global Education information -- study abroad programs, scholarships and funding opportunities, events and info sessions, application deadline reminders and more!