The Global Education Office (GEO) strengthens Virginia Tech’s mission of global engagement, discovery, and service by connecting our faculty and students to their peers abroad; inspiring and contributing to the faculty’s creation and promotion of cross-cultural learning experiences; and supporting the development of our students into globally competent citizens.
Each year, the Global Education Office:
- Helps 1,200 students study abroad including 100 exchange students from partner universities
- Advises students on a number of program types including faculty-led, bilateral exchange, ISEP, direct and third-party providers
- Supports 60+ VT faculty-led programs and the VT study center in Switzerland, coordinates academic exchange partnerships with 60 universities and 100+ additional tuition ISEP exchanges
- Works with academic and student services offices across campus to make study abroad as accessible and as academically relevant as possible for VT students.
- Administers over $100,000 in scholarships and assists in coordinating release of Financial Aid for overseas study
- Supports faculty in their efforts to introduce meaningful international focus into existing syllabi or create new internationally focused courses and programs
- Serves as a resource for colleagues with questions or difficulties centered on international education.
The Global Education Office reports directly to the Vice President for Outreach and International Affairs.